Dr. Rocio T. Moran, MD, is the Division Director of Genetics and Genomics, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics with MetroHealth Medical Center – Case Western Reserve University. Dr. Moran graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in 2000. Dr. Moran specializes in Clinical Genetics and Clinical Molecular Genetics.
Her committee services include: Professional Practice and Guidelines Committee for the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics. And the founding member for international collaboration focused on the development of diagnostic criteria and treatment protocols for genetic aortic disorders. And the creation of international patient-registry research program for Montalcino Aortic Consortium.
Education & Training
- Case Western Reserve University – University Hospitals – Residency
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine – Medical School
Certifications & Licensure
- OH State Medical License
- American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics – Clinical Genetics
Publications & Presentations
- Correspondence to Vorselaars et al. Thoracic Aorta Dilation in Patients With Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia Due to SMAD4 Gene Mutation.Heald, B.,Rigelsky, C.,Moran, R.,LaGuardia, L.,O’Malley, M.,Burke, C. A.,Zahka, K.; Am. J. Med. Genet. A. 2015 Nov 18.
- MAT2A mutations predispose individuals to thoracic aortic aneurysms.Guo, D. C.,Gong, L.,Regalado, E. S.,Santos-Cortez, R. L.,Zhao, R.,Cai, B.,Veeraraghavan, S.,Prakash, S. K.,Johnson, R. J.,Muilenburg, A.,Willing, M.,Jondeau, G.,Boilea…; Am. J. Hum. Genet.. 2015 Jan 06.
- 16 citationsFamily history of aortic disease predicts disease patterns and progression and is a significant influence on management strategies for patients and their relatives.Brown, C. R.,Greenberg, R. K.,Wong, S.,Eagleton, M.,Mastracci, T.,Hernandez, A. V.,Rigelsky, C. M.,Moran, R.; J. Vasc. Surg.. 2013 Sep.
- 12 citationsNeonatal stroke and progressive leukoencephalopathy in a child with an ACTA2 mutation.Moosa, A. N.,Traboulsi, E. I.,Reid, J.,Prieto, L.,Moran, R.,Friedman, N. R.; J. Child Neurol.. 2013 Apr.
- 12 citationsMidterm results of david reimplantation in patients with connective tissue disorder.Svensson, L. G.,Blackstone, E. H.,Alsalihi, M.,Batizy, L. H.,Roselli, E. E.,McCullough, R.,Vivacqua, A.,Moran, R. T.,Gillinov, A. M.,Thamilarasan, M.,Griffin, B.,Hamme…; Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 Feb.
- 2 citationsTreatment of a patient with vertebral and subclavian aneurysms in the setting of a TGFBR2 mutation.Sylvan, J.,Greenberg, R. K.,Mastracci, T. M.,Eagleton, M. J.,Moran, R.; J Vasc Surg. 2013 Apr.
- 9 citationsPhosphoribosylpyrophosphate synthetase superactivity and recurrent infections is caused by a p.Val142Leu mutation in PRS-I.Moran, R.,Kuilenburg, A. B.,Duley, J.,Nabuurs, S. B.,Retno-Fitri, A.,Christodoulou, J.,Roelofsen, J.,Yntema, H. G.,Friedman, N. R.,van Bokhoven, H.,de Brouwer, A. P.; Am. J. Med. Genet. A. 2012 Jan 17.
- 16 citationsDistinctive phenotype in 9 patients with deletion of chromosome 1q24-q25.Burkardt, D.D., Rosenfeld, J.A., Helgeson, M.L., Angle, B., Banks, V., Smith, W.E., Gripp, K.W., Moline, J., Moran, R.T., Niyazov, D.M., Stevens, C.A., Zackai, E., Leb…; Am J Med Genet A. 2011 Jun.